Monday, October 17, 2011

Two in one day...

I know, I know, why not just combine both of them into one mega post? Well, to be honest, cause I am the most fickle person on the planet. I started my other post with every intention of doing so, then changed my mind, mid-typing. Thought maybe I could save this one for another day... however, I was way too excited to wait, sooooooo, here ya go. Two in one day...

So anyway, I've been seeing all these way cool wreath ideas on pinterest. I've pinned like a million that I would want to try, and finally the other day, I actually made one! Whoop! I took somebody's advice to get styrofoam from Home Depot cause it is cheap. (97 cents for 6 ft... i like) Joann's was having a sale on felt and since I was already getting some for my daughter's halloween costume, I picked some other colors up with this project in mind. They were 4 sheets for $1. Thank you Joann's! It was once again, crazy easy, but TIME CONSUMING... (maybe its not that I'm picking tedious projects, maybe its more that making things at home just takes longer... wow, light bulb!)



Anywho, I am in love with this wreath. Its a little on the skinny side, but I am totally ok with that! I got this recipe box from Michael's one time, and I am in love with the colors on them, and just recently have decided to slowly start building my home decor around this box... well, these colors are a part of that! I am currently in the process of making a christmas wreath out of the other half of this styrofoam tube... hope it turns out awesome like this one...

And a picture of the recipe box, just in case anybody is actually interested...

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The colors are fun and exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, seriously.....I want one of these SO bad!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete