Monday, October 31, 2011

Little slice of pumpkin heaven...

Fall season just so happens to be my absolute favorite time of year. Love everything about it! Pumpkins, the colors, the change of the leaves, the holidays (heelllloooo thanksgiving! and halloween!!) and yes, even the rain. We are a very green state for a reason, you know! It totally makes it worth it when we have those BEAUTIFULLY sunny, fall days. Those days make me so thankful to live here!!

Back to my main reason for this post... Pumpkins. Love pumpkins. Love the pumpkin patch, pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin decor, pumpkin muffins, cookies, breads, etc. Love it all. My husband and I went grocery shopping yesterday and I got two big cans of pumpkin because I knew that I had a few recipes in mind to make! I looked up on google (yes, we are speaking again...) for a recipe for pumpkin bread, and it lead me to my absolute favorite recipe site, allrecipes. Those recipes have never failed me. This time was no exception!! I did tweek it a little because of two reasons... 1) people's comments told me to and 2) because I am trying to get in the habit of using healthy not so unhealthy ingredients.

So, instead of only white sugar, I used light brown and raw sugar. For the flour, I used half all purpose and half wheat flour. I wish I could have halved the oil and used applesauce but have yet to buy a mesh strainer...

I know. What kind of kitchen doesn't have a mesh strainer?? Ugh. You never realize how useful those things are until you need it and don't own one. Lame.

But anyway, after those fixes, I nervously put my bread in the oven. I've never really messed with different sugars or flours before, so this was going to be interesting...

IT TURNED OUT DELICIOUS!!!!


Helllllllooooooo my love!

I'm always a little nervous too about baking because I have the tendency to over stir the batter, and so it comes out too dry. Lame.

But not this time! I fought my urge to keep stirring, and just put down the spatula! Plus I think this bread is just more moist than others I've tried. So delicious.

Here's another picture...


Don't worry, its not undercooked, that is melted butter on my slice of pumpkin heaven. Yum. I think I may go have another piece... 

Next recipe I am wanting to try is pumpkin butter... sounds amazing right? I thought so too. 

Ok, so to be honest, I'm making pumpkin butter so that I can make some ridiculously scrumptious looking pumpkin granola I saw online... Yes, I am obsessed with pumpkin. I'm ok with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment