Saturday, October 15, 2011

A little distracted.

So I had some big plans for the other day to post about my daughter's halloween costume that I am in the middle of making. Naive me, thought that I could finish the costume, take pictures and post on here all in one night... that however was not the case. The costume is started, but leave it to me to take on the MOST tedious projects in the world. I saw this really adorable owl costume on pinterest and thought that I could just do that myself. Well.... its doable, but TIME CONSUMING. So far, all I have done is this:

Doesn't look complicated, right? Its not. It literally is just cutting a MILLION little feathers out of felt. Probably doesn't help that while taking on this project, I had the show "laguna beach" on. Don't judge. Its a guilty pleasure. And a distracting one at that. If I am completely honest, its probably more that the show was on that the costume isn't done. Pardon me, while I go hide my face in the corner...

The original costume I saw had a mask, however, my daughter is almost two. A mask is not an option. I'll have to fashion some sort of hat...

Keep your fingers crossed for me. When making things by hand, it can either look impressive or... well look like you made it by hand. Lets hope that my first attempt at a costume is leaning more towards impressive.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely leaning strongly towards impressive!! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh....I'm loving all the owl stuff for little kids these days! The main reason i'd be okay with having a baby right now is so I can buy butt loads of cute owl accessories for her (yes...HER) and her room. lol There are these ADORABLE hand sewn stuffed owls on etsy. I want one. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks kelly!! and anna, i know!!!!! love it all!! etsy has so many cute owl things, i want them all! i even love owl stuff for myself, however, its a little more acceptable for a kid to have tons of owl stuff than it is for an adult... hahaha jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that "jealous" comment was meant as a "i'm jealous of my daughters cause they have so much cool owl stuff!"

    ReplyDelete