Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Eat.Pray.Love. (not the movie...)

The other night, I was thinking that I wanted to have some decor in my kitchen but being the frugal person that I have become, I didn't necessarily want to pay for anything. So I got to brainstorming. I wanted some words up, so naturally the word "eat" came to mind. We are church going people, so naturally the word "pray" came to mind pretty quickly there after. My mind immediately went to the title of the movie (which by the way, I have not seen... any good?) Eat. Pray. Love. Who doesn't like those words? I sure do! So I gathered my materials and got to work!

Things I grabbed:
Material
Canvases (whatever size you want)
Acrylic Paint
Pencil
Scissors
Hot glue gun

First things first:
I layed my canvas on the material so that I could measure out how much material I would need (the material I used was just old curtains that the old owners left at our house, I just washed one)
I, then just drew on the back of the material with pencil around the outside the canvas, making it about two inches wider. Doesn't have to be exact, you wont be seeing the back.


Then I used the scissors to cut the fabric. 

Next, I laid the canvas face down onto the cut piece of material (the side that you want to show of the material is also face down) and began hot gluing the fabric to the canvas. Make sure you pull tight cause you don't want the fabric to be loose when you are done.

After that, I flipped it over and began using the pencil to make where I wanted my words. I just don't know what happened to that picture...


I then, went over the pencil marks with my paint. Once you are done, just do it two more times and you have your finished product! So easy and so cute!! 



*if any of this didn't make sense, let me know. this is my first tutorial!

1 comment:

  1. I love them! Those are so fun!! I need to make some decor for our bedroom. We have completely bare walls. lol

    ReplyDelete