Monday, October 17, 2011

Don't know what you got, til its gone.

Garage sales are so enticing. There's nothing like someone else's junk for cheap that totally fills my need for shopping. Its true what they say that one man's trash is another man's treasure. I've found my fair share of treasures at garage sales. Right now, I'm totally obsessed with mason jars... but thats a whole other post...
Two mill creek garage sales ago, I bought a bread machine. It cost me $10 and I had all these hopes and dreams of no longer needing to buy bread from the store because the Oxnevad house was going to be the bread making house. Two mill creek garage sales later, the bread machine was NEVER used. It just sat in our kitchen, in the box I packed it in, mocking me. About three weeks ago, I finally gave it away to a friend who has already had way more use out of it than I did. (which wasn't hard since it was never used here...)
What is the point of this, do you ask? Well, it wasn't until after I decided to get rid of my bread machine that I finally decided to try making bread. I googled a simple recipe for beginners. Have I mentioned how much I love allrecipes.com? Cause I totally do. I now love making bread. It is a very long process to do without a bread machine, but I love it! The last recipe I tried was also an allrecipes find for honey wheat bread, only it made 3 loaves... Um. I do not need 3 loaves of bread sitting around,
because I will eat all 3 in a matter of days. Google to the rescue! I read that I could freeze bread dough and bake it later. Now for any of you novice bread makers out there, this could be either a no brainer or a tragic mistake. I read up on some tips, and hopefully tomorrow, I will be able to bake up some dough that has been in my freezer for about two weeks... or, I will find out that I completely ruined the other two loaves and thus wasted all those delicious ingredients. We will find out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment