Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chaos is... chaotic

I've never really been a super organized, neat freak by any means what so ever. My mom is, and so her house is always clean. I mean... ALWAYS. She will tell you otherwise, but take my word for it... Of course, growing up, that was super annoying. What teenager wants to clean the bathroom or pick up her room, etc? I didn't. Now that I have my own house however, I see first hand what can happen and now suddenly have a new appreciation for my mom's cleaning habits. Not saying that I will ever be like her... (take a look at my house right now, no where close) but I would like to think that in that aspect, I'm slowly becoming more like her.

With that said, moving is stressful and chaotic and leaves your house in a total and utter DISASTER AREA. Its been driving me insane lately and yesterday, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Things still don't have a place. Some boxes still are unopened. Time to get crackin!

Our house has lots of shelves (which I love) however, a lot of them are open shelves... as in, you can see them. No doors, curtains, etc. I am not dedicated enough to constantly straighten and tidy my cleaning supplies, and/or towels. I saw on pinterest, so many creative ways to make your own storage boxes, using what you have readily available to you. Well since we recently got rid of our moving boxes (thank you nichole!) the next best thing that will we have around for the next two ish years is diaper boxes. I don't have large amounts of scrapbook paper lying around, not to cover boxes anyway, but I do however have wrapping paper! Genius!

On a total side note, that actually does have something to do with this, I watch my friend's son two days a week. Yesterday was one of the days he was here, so while him and my daughter entertained themselves, I got to wrapping my boxes to make them less "huggies" and more "normal storage". Now that I'm looking back on my finished project, I have two points I would like to share with you:

1) Two toddlers don't entertain themselves once they see that you have something cooler going on...

2)I may use something more durable next time, rather than wrapping paper

The wrapping paper worked, and for what I'm using it for, it will hold up fine. But if you want to make a bin that will get a bit more abuse (i.e. your kids will be pulling it out) I'd go for something like fabric. Even some old tshirts or something. Anyway, here it is:



Now I can hide my ugly cleaning bottles and what not. Planning on making more, perhaps all the way across. I am tired of chaos. I want to be organized!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the colors you used, and what a great idea. These will be very helpful and cute!

    ReplyDelete