Wednesday, October 19, 2011

google failed me.

That's what I've been telling myself since last night. Totally and completely google's fault. I was in no way responsible for the outcome of my previously frozen bread dough. So I keep telling myself...

The dough would not rise the second time around. Well, let me rephrase. It only rose a little. I don't know if I stored it wrong in the freezer, or if there was a draft in my kitchen, or if I was too impatient and didn't give it enough time... who knows. Maybe a combination of all. Don't get me wrong, it still tastes fine, I'm still going to eat it, I just wish it was slightly bigger. And maybe less dense. haha. I still have another frozen loaf, so I can try again. Try to forgive google for giving me false information, and even perhaps find it in my heart of hearts to trust google once again in my search for tips on freezing bread dough. We will see.


I saw a really delicious looking recipe for pumpkin bread last night on allrecipes... they've never failed me before. Perhaps I'll take a little break from google, and try out that recipe first. Maybe that will give my little baking ego a boost, and then try for the second frozen dough. Yeah, pretty sure that's what will happen. 

1 comment:

  1. By the way, janae has informed me that she was also having trouble posting comments on here, but her husband said something about their computer blocking it (something about cookies??) so if you've been having problems, check that. somehow. haha.

    ReplyDelete