Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Birthdays are in the air...

November is busy for us. Real busy. And I love it!

5 Family birthdays and thanksgiving. I can feel my heart warming just thinking about this!

I am a "the more, the merrier" type of person. I love hosting, love cooking, love celebrating... I just love people!! We just had a birthday get together for my husband last night (that went really well!) and I was able to finish my craft project just in time for his party!! Originally it was for my daughter's up and coming 2nd birthday party, but hey, a birthday banner is a birthday banner!

I still have lots of left over material from those curtains that the previous owners left at our house, so this project cost me... $1! That dollar was spent on ribbon. Love when craft projects cost me next to nothing. That also makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy!

You know what doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy?

Sewing machines.

More specifically, the bobbin. Ugh. I'm shuttering just thinking about it.

For whatever reason, my brain cannot and will not retain the information necessary to remember how to re thread a bobbin. I know, I know. Simple. Not for me tho! I spent about half an hour, watching youtube videos, and trying over and over and over again. And then over again. And again... No. Joke. My frustration level was at an all time high when I literally spoke the words (to my sewing machine) "if you don't cooperate, I'm taking you back to my mom, where you will never get used!!!"

Don't judge. I was angry. I say things I don't mean when I get angry...

Michael was playing video games while this was going on, and he even offered to help me, however, being the insanely stubborn and independent person that I am, I refused. Just when I thought all hope was lost, I realized that the problem was not the machine, but in fact, me. Who knew that the thread on top needing to be on properly for the whole thing to work?? Who knew?? Apparently not me.

I wish I could say that was the last bump in the road, but I'd be lying. There were a few more. And yes, all of which were my own stupidity. When I get upset, I suddenly become blind to the things right in front of my face. Its a weakness.

But even after all of that, I still finished. And it came out great!




I used cereal box cardboard to add some weight to the flags. I'm pretty excited with how it turned out! I do have to admit that I am HORRIBLE at measuring things, so if you pay attention, the flags are actually different sizes... haha!! oh well. Love it anyway!!

Next project I have in mind... well I'm not entirely sure yet. Most likely will be 2nd birthday party related... but I'm also trying to plan a pinterest party... How fun does that sound???? Awesome, I know!!! 

Anyway, have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. I want to have a pintrest party! And yes! Threading a bobbin is tough!

    ReplyDelete